The OBA’s objectives are enshrined in the following rules:
- To encourage members world-wide to be actively in touch with each other, and to participate in OBA organised events and initiatives.
- To maintain a strong relationship with and awareness of Bancroft’s School, and encourage direct involvement between the School and members of the Association.
- To promote the necessary organisation, and to undertake such actions as are considered necessary by the Committee in the pursuit of the above two objectives including, where appropriate, the provision of financial support.
The Old Bancroftians’ Network
This website has been designed to help fulfil the objectives of the Association. In addition, it supports the Officers of the Association in managing its affairs on a day to day basis by providing essential tools for the purposes of:
- Marketing the Association and the events that it runs or sponsors.
- Communicating rapidly and economically with Old Bancroftians who are contactable electronically.
- Managing the membership records.
If you would like to make contact with other OBA members then please contact Susan Day in the OBA Office at Bancroft’s School
Tel 020 8506 5714 or email email@example.com
Real Benefits from a Virtual Presence
In meeting these objectives, the OBA expects to achieve a number of benefits for the Association as a whole, individual members, and Bancroft’s School. The most notable of these is the provision of an easily accessible and effective focal point for all Old Bancroftians worldwide. This will help to enable a stronger, more active community.
This should lead to the following, more specific benefits:
- Increased awareness of and interest in the activities of the Association and its affiliates.
- Increased participation in these activities.
- Reduced costs of production and dissemination of information.
- The OBA management can more easily provide information and canvas the views of the wider membership on matters of direct interest to the OBA and its members.